Great job Kurt!!!
Kurt Doctor owner of Foot Solutions in Tigard, Oregon has accomplished a first for himself. That is to finish the Portland Marathon Nordic Walking Division as the 3rd place Master.
The added benefit that Kurt can attest to is doing the full marathon with the Poles as opposed to without almost doubled the positive physiological effects. This would of course depend on his individual effort during the event to increase calorie expenditure, heart rate training effect, VO2 consumption and more. This will come for everyone by adding the Balance Walking Poles (commonly known as Nordic Walking Poles) which is truly an amazing benefit. Kurt had completed the full marathon in 6:07:41 which is equivalent to a 14:02min/mile pace, wow, that is hoofing it down the road. The poles used properly can add significant speed to anyone’s walking distance.
If we apply either the full marathon as 26.2miles or the ½ marathon as 13.1miles the equivalent effects respectively using the Poles would increase the distance to over 40miles and 20miles. Note however, ones technique and ultimate pace to the finish line will surely give differing distances.
Great News for Runners
All those who love to run and might begin to consider using the Poles as part of their training or in a running event will discover the benefits are significant. You will be able to integrate the Poles at any starting point; whether it is for personal health, fitness or for sport. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- Activate 90% of the body’s muscles over regular walking
- Burns up to 46% more calories than regular walking
- Increases aerobic effect by up to 22% compared to regular walking
- Decreases load and strain on the lower body by up to 30%
- Tones and increases flexibility of upper arms, shoulders
- Improves lateral mobility of the back muscles and spine
- Strengthens core while developing stability
- Promotes an upright posture
- Will find it easier to workout together with differing coordination and fitness levels
Till next time… looking forward to more great reports on the Balance Walking Poles, Program and Testimonials as they come my way. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry D. Kennedy – Exec. Dir. Balance Walking